Fiserv Senior Manager Internal Reporting in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Responsible for the internal financial reporting function, with primary focus on the consolidation, analysis and monthly reporting of financial results (GAAP and Management view of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows) for a $16 billion publicly traded Fortune 500 company headquartered in Brookfield, WI. This includes performing monthly and quarterly analyses and quality control over financial results / trends for distribution to executive management, identifying and driving process improvements, adopting to management reporting changes, being an active member of the Corporate Accounting leadership team contributing to employee engagement and development, and effectively partnering with leaders in Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Legal and other functions across the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
o Review monthly and quarterly financial statements with focus on the consolidated P&L, balance sheet, cash flows and related financial statement reporting and variance analysis. This requires significant interaction with and being a central point of contact for the Corporate Accounting, Central Accounting, Financial Systems, and Operating Group / Business Unit Accounting and Finance Teams.
o Lead various financial analyses to investigate financial results and understand impacts for communication to management, including account rollforwards and other reporting for the quarterly executive financial review package. Various financial analyses are used to communicate and synthesize results to management, as well as support the quarterly earnings process and 10-Q/10-K disclosures.
o Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s processes and procedures, including providing and implementing recommendations for continuous business improvements.
o Manage the Related Party process for the enterprise.
o Work with Fiserv’s external auditors to provide reporting and support for the completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits.
o Facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization.
o Assist with analyses and research related to acquisitions, dispositions, debt offerings, accounting standard implementations and other financial accounting and reporting matters that may arise.
o Assist with special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analysis as assigned.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
• CPA license (preferred)
• Minimum of 8 years of experience preferably at a large public company in financial reporting and/or large audit firm
Values / Qualities:
• Strong organizational / time-management skills with the ability to prioritize
• Self-motivated, pro-active, anticipates future needs
• Results focused while ensuring a high level of quality; detail oriented combined with the ability to consider materiality and broader reporting implications
• Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising issues using sound professional judgment, experience and research
• Use of business understanding to solve accounting issues
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
Functional Area Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of current accounting and financial reporting issues and practices (U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process improvement capabilities and experience
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fiserv Jobs