Robert Half Medical Scheduler in Dallas, Texas
A client of ours in the medical field is looking to hire a patient confirmations coordinator.
This position requires an individual who is able to obtain a complete and accurate medical history from patients or family members. This individual should have good organizational skills and must have the ability to follow directions. Must be able to work independently and with team members in a fast paced environment. Required to use telephone and computer extensively. Engages in consistent, professional customer service skills. Effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, and diagnosis coding when obtaining medical histories from patients or their representatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Calls patients to obtain or update medical histories.
• Is professional and courteous to patients and their representatives.
• Confirms patient appointment time and prep for the exam accurately.
• Works 10 days prior to procedure to allow time for patients to return the call and for prior films or reports (if applicable) to be delivered to the center for comparison.
• Completes assignment or asks for assistance if unable to complete it on time.
• Schedules screening exams when needed.
• Enters all data into the Radiology Information System (RIS) and Word.
• Informs patients of the insurance benefits when there is no out of pocket or is covered by Medicare and a supplement.
• Sends e-mail notification to the insurance staff when new information is received.
• Sends “Pull order” to the file room to obtain comparison films from other facilities.
• Sends fax to doctor’s offices with any cancellations of exams and files for future reference.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, making suggestions on ways to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Answers coding/waiver and e-quizzes in a timely manner (for self development).
• Is self-motivated and willing to respond to changes in the medical environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, and diagnosis coding experience.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must be able to function both independently and with team members.
• Must have efficient and accurate computer and keyboard skills.
• Must demonstrate consistent, professional customer service skills in all interactions.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Working knowledge of insurance policies.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.
- Robert Half Jobs