WestRock Company Conv Tech-2nd Shift in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Opportunity Summary: As the Converting Technician, you will be responsible for assisting the shift supervisor/leadman with the daily managing of the machines and safely performing a wide range of tasks that may include supplying inks, dies and toolings, filling-in at machines during lunch breaks and conveying production instructions to the crews, stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-up, housekeeping.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Perform quality assurance checks to lookout for defects or quality problems of products
· Maintain flow of stock through plant
· Identify units and orders properly
· Properly stage orders at correct machines
· Perform preventative maintenance (i.e. cleaning, change film rolls) on equipment to maintain machine efficiency
· Maintain a clean work environment
· Other duties assigned
What you need to succeed:
· High School diploma or G.E.D
· 2 years of work experience in a high workflow production environment preferred
· Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills
· Meticulous attention to details, extremely thorough and adept at detecting errors
· Highly efficient in time management to effectively manage multiple priorities
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and maintain high performance; flexible
· Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment.
· Ability to follow specific direction or instructions
· Ability to operate power hand tools
· Ability to lift, push or pull 25-50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel throughout the entire shift
· Must be able to work overtime, weekend and various shifts.
· Safety mindset
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
- Victory Packaging Jobs