Lockheed Martin Sr. System Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: This position is participating in our External Referral Program . If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3,000 payment!
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems - Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity! We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Why not bring your skills to a company where they'll do more than you ever imagined? Where Your Mission is Ours!
We offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k and insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
System Engineering responsibilities include:
- Designing and implement Hardware and Software solutions including documentation, testing & modification, schematics, mechanical drawings, cable assemblies, and parts lists.
- Testing and evaluating hardware and software designs to ensure proper operation.
- Performing systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Developing and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Performing analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assisting in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Performing systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas associated with any of the ISO/IEC 15288 processes.
-Must possess an active clearance with polygraph
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Experience designing and implementing Hardware and Software solutions including documentation, testing & modification, schematics, mechanical drawings, cable assemblies, and parts lists to ensure proper operation.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Nine (9) years’ experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs