MD Anderson Cancer Center Department Administrator - Hematopathology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Department Administrator role in Hematopathology (file:///C:/Users/SMcGuire/Downloads/OrgChartDivisionofPathLabMedRev031423.vsdxhttps:/www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/departments-divisions/hematopathology.html) is decision-making, planning and forecasting of all financial and budgetary matters. Developing, implementing and managing effective administrative processes, policies and procedures to ensure operational and quality outcomes. Responsible for departmental human resources management and systems management. Responsible in collaboration with others for grants and contracts administration. In collaboration with the department chairman, develops long-term business and operations plans for the department. Manages the department's physical resources including space planning, inventory control and property maintenance. Works with directors to develop plans and monitors the progress of those plans to ensure faculty and patient satisfaction. In collaboration with others manages the department's fellowship programs including all marketing, recruitment and related administrative activities. Interfaces with the information systems support group to resolve computer hardware and software problems. Provides faculty support and relations working with the Department Chairman on issues including faculty recruitment, space allocation, personnel support and research funding. Provides guidance and advice to faculty members regarding space, financial resources and personnel issues. Supports the Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine by providing requested information and documentation, developing short and long-range goals and devising collaborative strategies for resource acquisition and allocation. Responsible in collaboration with others for an effective departmental revenue cycle process.
• Establishes budgets, monitors monthly expenses, and oversees all departmental institutional accounts to ensure compliance with policies and guidelines.
• Ensures grants and contract budget preparation, auditing, budget planning and general oversight.
• Reviews and approves requisitions, check requests, travel requests, interdepartmental transfers, personnel actions, and other related transactions.
• Responsible for development, planning, costing, pricing, and funding for activities.
• Oversees procurement team submissions and processing of orders and capital equipment to ensure compliance and fiscal management.
• Keeps the Department Chairman, Faculty, and others apprised of financial standings.
• Oversees Human Resources issues including recruitment, hiring, separations and realignments, disciplinary actions, time and attendance, annual performance evaluations, onboarding of educational and classified research employees, and visa compliance.
• Ensures adherence to Institutional policies including institutional mandatory training, safety and all regulatory compliance guidelines.
• Oversees all faculty appointment activities to include:
TTT Mentor Committee commitments
Effort certification and salary support from extramural funding
Clinical and Research Operations
• Oversees the clinical, research, and educational CME (Chief Medical Executive) activities within a department
• Designs operational systems, departmental policies and procedures and provide resources for day-to-day planning and problem identification for laboratories on main campus as well as satellite (HAL)Houston Area Location campuses.
• Demonstrates commitment to expansion and improving laboratory services offered at the highest level of quality for internal and external customers to meet patient population mix in support of patient treatment plans.
• Assures that the department is in compliance with federal, state and accreditation agencies regarding operations.
• Facilitates space management activities for both clinical and research areas on main campus and HAL facilities.
• Designs operation systems, departmental policies and procedures and provide resources for day-to-day planning and problem identification.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Master's degree.
Required: Seven years of progressive and responsible healthcare / research or business management experience to include three years in a management role. With Master's degree, five years of progressive and responsible healthcare, research or business management experience to include three years in a management role. Successful completion of the LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of required management experience.
Preferred: Knowledgeable of pathology services and molecular laboratory testing is preferred, but not required. Experience in an academic medical center setting, along with a solid track record in managing teams and overseeing the recruitment of faculty. Proficiency in navigating policies and procedures within academic environments is essential. Additionally, expertise in initiating and developing programs, coupled with financial management including revenue cycle along with grants and contracts. Experience with clinical fellowship training programs, exceptional collaboration skills, and outstanding communication abilities.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 163824
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 127,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 175,200
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 223,000
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Hard
Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Pivotal Position: Yes
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: Yes
Science Jobs: No
MD Anderson Cancer Center
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Jobs