Kelly Services Millwork Estimator in Jackson, Mississippi
Position : Millwork Estimator
Shift: Monday to Friday (8 hour shift TBD)
Location: Jackson, MS.
A Custom Millwork Company is seeking a Millwork Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for a variety of commercial projects.
This position requires you to analyze blueprints and specifications to generate detailed scopes of work and translate those into estimates. Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, extremely detail oriented and provide outstanding customer service and follow-up. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. A great estimator must also be thorough and careful in collecting information and managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide accurate and concise estimates that will enable the company to increase the number of job bids won as well as ensuring the profitability of those jobs.
• Analyze drawings and specifications, material use and selections, scope of work and perform quantity take-offs.
• Write detailed bid proposals.
• Provide timely follow-up on all requests, questions and/or concerns.
• Determine the variables that will be used to produce valid cost and other estimates • Communicate with material distributors to prepare cost estimates.
• Visit job sites for pre-bid walk through when applicable. • Conduct research by reviewing documents, consulting with experts etc. to obtain all necessary data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
• Review quotes by vendors according to requirements to determine the most beneficial alternative
• Build relationships with key vendors
• Proven experience as Millwork Estimator
• Capacity to accurately read blueprint takeoffs and specifications
• Proficient with putting together estimates and bids
• High level of attention to detail and cost analysis
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must exhibit professionalism, dependability, accountability, and punctuality
• Excellent organizational skills
• Time management skills for juggling multiple deadlines
• In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
• Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
• Strong computer skills
• Open and flexible work availability
• Experience with estimating software – Innergy a plus ; AutoCad and MicroVellum a plus
• Job Type: Direct Hire, no temp term.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
- Kelly Services Jobs