Lockheed Martin Project Engineer/Operations Lead (early to mid-career) in Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters! Lockheed Martin Space builds satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Our satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Come, join our Project Engineering team in the dynamic world of Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an early to mid-career level Project Engineer to join our mission as an Operations Lead employed within our Strategic Missile Defense organization on the FBM Program. For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer outstanding career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
As an Operations Lead, your primary focus will be on maintaining the strong track record of stable programs that have highly evolving technical requirements. You will have the pleasure of working together with skilled leaders who will provide you a wide variety of engagement programs and meaningful work which will help you develop your individual potential and future leadership opportunities. This position reports to our Production Operations manager and will require you to be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role, you will…
• Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of production projects within Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program in the Space Electronics Center (SEC)
• Begin development planning and project development for NGI program in the SEC
• Lead project management of strategic technical projects, problem-solving, and ensure effective operation of the overall SSC business rhythm
• Lead initiatives to increase production and workload efficiencies through process development and optimization.
• Perform project management of FBM & SEC initiatives: This includes leading performance to schedule, budget, and manufacturing of circuit card assemblies, packages, and test
• Provide recommendations to improve SEC effectiveness and lead implementation
• Act as surge support to fellow operations leads to assure delivery commitments are met across the program
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree from accredited college or equivalent experience in lieu of education
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant project engineering and/or project management experience
• Experience and/or knowledge in use of SAP, MS Project and/or MS Excel
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Active Secret clearance
• Ability to present production status to executive management
• Experience in electronics manufacturing and assembly
• Understanding of Cost and Schedule management
• Experience working in EPDM
• Cost Account Management experience
• Earned value management experience
• Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) experience
• Space Production or ATLO experience
• Team leadership experience (either formal of informal leadership)
• Proven ability to take a technical project from conceptualization, develop a plan, and lead to successful completion
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs