Family Allergy & Asthma Allergy Lab Assistant in Louisville, Kentucky
Apply Today To Help Us Keep Those Pesky Allergies Away!
Family Allergy & Asthma is hiring for a Vial Production Assistant for our East End Location
The best candidates for this role are:
Our Vial Production Assistants help prepare customized allergy vials for our patients. This role is a critical part of our patient care, enabling us to provide allergy shots to our patients.
We are looking for detailed oriented, self-motivated team members who enjoys production based work and find it rewarding to provide great customer service.
The position is a mix of administrative tasks, customer service, production of allergy vials using proper guidelines and shipping and packing. Problem solving skills, ability to follow directions both verbal & written and being goal orientated are critical to this role.
The positions are full-time (not seasonal) with a standard work schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional late nights, or Saturdays, as needed, to meet production goals. The office is located on Shelbyville Road in the East End of Louisville.
We offer competitive pay, paid holidays, PTO, off on weekends, company provided scrubs, insurance benefits, and 401(k).
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare allergy vials with extracts using proper guidelines
• Be familiar with extracts used in VPA and those for testing
• Make vials for reorders (in-house and mail outs)
• Make vials for New Start patients
• Check phone messages, web orders, and fridge temps
• Assist in shipping vials by UPS or courier
• Assist with supplies as needed
• Check benefits and balances of patient accounts for reorders and new starts
• Answer phone calls from patients, PCP offices, and coworkers regarding reactions, dilutions, building schedules, extracts, issues, and concerns
• Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
• Other relevant duties as assigned by Director
Education, Prior Work Experience, Special Skill And Knowledge Requirements
High school diploma/GED
Previous medical office experience, preferred
Basic computer skills
1 year of experience with Family Allergy & Asthma, preferred
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with all levels of staff, and patients
Acceptable results on Office of Inspector General, State Medicaid Exclusions, Abuse Registry Checks, Background Screenings, Drug Screen, and Sanction Checks
Must be at least 18 years of age
Ability to work with patients directly and pleasantly
Ability to work independently
Family Allergy & Asthma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.