Terracon Group Manager in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Are you looking for an Environmental Compliance Leadership Position? Do you thrive on challenges and want a position with advancement potential?
Then join our team as an Environmental Regulatory Compliance Leader today! We have an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to lead local and regional compliance efforts in the Pacific Northwest while also assisting with projects across the country. This position can be based out of any of Terracon’s offices in this region (Mountlake Terrace, WA & Portland, OR). Interested in joining a 100% employee-owned firm that focuses on personal development while providing exceptional service to our clients? Come Explore with us!
The individual should have solid experience and regulatory knowledge in all or some of the service areas listed below:
• Air permitting (Title V and minor source)
• RCRA/Hazardous waste
• Compliance auditing
• Oil Storage/SPCC plans
• SARA Title III (Tier II/TRI) reporting
• Industrial wastewater
To be successful in this role you will need to be confident and possess a strong technical background with proven leadership skills. You will manage projects, prepare reports and other deliverables, and review documents prepared by others for accuracy, completeness, and quality following company standards. You will also lead local and regional environmental compliance marketing efforts; maintain existing and develop new client relationships; and train, mentor, and direct staff on projects. You will serve as a local point of contact for Environmental Compliance services and provide support on regional and national projects and pursuits
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Grow and expand existing environmental compliance services
• Prepare calculations, applications, plans, reports, proposals, and other deliverables
• Manage projects and staff to ensure quality and timeliness
• Understand the local and regional market
• Develop strong working relationships with clients
• Develop proposals in response to RFPs and client requests
• Participate in the development of local and regional marketing strategies
• Support safety efforts to promote safety rules and guidelines
• Evaluate problems and develop practical solutions that enable our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an environmental-related discipline.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in a full-time regulatory compliance consulting role.
• Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
• For Engineers, P.E. or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
• For non-Engineers, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or other similar credentials
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher preferred
Senior Regional Environmental Regulatory Compliance Leader
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location):
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
State Salary Range Minimum:
State Salary Range Maximum:
Expected Salary Range:
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.