Kelly Services Senior Logistics Coordinator - Ocean Import in Peabody, Massachusetts
Kelly has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Logistics Coordinator - Ocean Import in Peabody, MA at a leading Global Logistics Company. This is a Direct Hire position paying $50,000 - $58,000 starting salary ($24-$28 / hour) based on experience. Along with your base salary you will receive an excellent benefits package, a standard 8-5 or 8:30 – 5:30 work week, and a “nicer” casual dress code environment. Benefits start at Day 1 of employment! Also, there is the probability that one day of remote work will be allowed each week – the details of that are still being worked out. There is excellent opportunity for advancement and Global Logistics is a vital industry that is growing daily! In this role you will be responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations for Ocean Shipments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
• Rate and route international traffic
• Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
• Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
• Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
• Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
• Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
• Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
• Maintain close liaison with the US Customs Service and for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
• Key in US Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
• Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
• Researching and resolving operational problems.
• Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
Skills and Requirements:
• Knowledge of Word and Excel
• Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards preferred
• Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule preferred
• Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval
• High school diploma or equivalent required
Apply today, or email your resume to Mark Tower email@example.com for consideration. Let’s get to work!
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
- Kelly Services Jobs