CARMAX Coordinator II, Auction Services in Richmond, Virginia
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
This position plays a vital role for CarMax auctions by delivering exceptional customer service; registering dealers and ensuring all required documents are received and processed correctly and providing support to auction managers, dealers and stores via phone, email and fax.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
Provide exceptional customer service to registered CarMax auction dealers, and store associates (Business Office & Buyers Office) by logging in to the Auction phone line and bringing all issues to resolution. Follow up emails or phones calls are made if applicable. Partner with Manager on more complex issues.
• Assist dealers with issues when logging on to the CarMax Auctions web site
• Fax/Mail/Email packets, run lists, performance reports to dealers.
• Promote the equities of Carmax Auctions to potential customers. Assist in calling grand opening, blitz, and newly registered customers
• Review phone calls to discover opportunities for better customer service.
• Promote process improvement and participate in new business initiatives to support business needs.
Register Dealers to attend our Auctions:
• Understand all state and local requirements for dealers attending our auctions.
• Make prompt decisions if dealers can attend our auctions.
• Follow up with dealers/financial institutions to acquire missing documents/information.
• Respond to customer and store requests and concerns regarding limits and pay types at auction.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong communications skills
• Strong internal and external customer service and organization skills.
• Partners with others to best serve the customer
• Prioritizes customer service over non-customer tasks
• Seeks win-win solutions to customer issues
• Strong teamwork behaviors in line with CarMax values
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and results focused
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates, managers, customers, and suppliers
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers and associates
• No specific education requirements
• Experience with customer service
• Experience working in fast paced environment
Work Location and Arrangement: This role will be based out of the Richmond, VA Home Office and have a Hybrid work arrangement.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.