Anthony Jordan Health Corp PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT in ROCHESTER, New York
ROCHESTER, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=322+Lake+Avenue+ROCHESTER+NY+USA+14608) • Family Medicine
The health services that became theAnthony L Jordan Health Corporation (http://www.jordanhealth.org/) (Jordan Health) began more than 100 years ago, in 1904. As one of the first 5 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) established in the nation, its roots are steeped in service to those who face barriers to health and health care, meeting their need for comprehensive medical, dentistry, behavioral health, and community services. Starting in northeast Rochester, NY, Jordan Health has since expanded to become a network of primary care offices and health centers serving residents living in three quadrants ofRochester, NY (http://www.city-data.com/city/Rochester-New-York.html) and in Canandaigua, N.Y.
Jordan Health is now seeking aPhysician Assistantwho, under the guidance of the Department Chief, is primarily responsible for providing patient care under the supervision of Attending Physician on staff in Family Medicine for a Federally Qualified Health Center.
If you want to apply your specialized experience and education in an environment where you can make a difference and significantly impact patients’ quality of life, please consider ourPhysician Assistantopportunity.
ThePhysician Assistantwill ensure to:
· Provide patient care consistent with the scope of practice of the Supervising Physician.
· Evaluates patient’s condition and initiates appropriate therapy in accordance with departmental procedures with consent of the Attending Physician.
· Request consults ad ancillary services at the request of the Attending and document in the medical record.
· Instructs and counsels patient and families in collaboration with other health team members.
· Interprets and documents results of significant lab work and ancillary testing before the end of the workday.
· Delivers direct care to those patients requiring the expertise of an advanced practitioner. Serves as a consultant in improving patient care and provide resources to the nursing staff as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
· Must maintain current ACLS training.
· Must obtain 100 credit hours of CME every two years as per NCCPA requirements.
· Must meet privileging requirements for Registered Physician Assistants.
New Grads will be considered:
· One to two years of inpatient medicine experience is desirable.
· Must demonstrate excellent clinical competence, good teaching skills and the desire to learn.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Graduate of an AMA approved PA program and board certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant is required.
· Must possess a current NYS license.
Benefits: Jordan Health offers a competitive salary and full benefits offering including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403b retirement plan. We offer Professional Development allowance.
Jordan Health offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
About Jordan Health:
Jordan Health is an independent FQHC, with Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designation through the National Committee on Quality Assurance. Jordan Health receives funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Jordan Health is a network of outpatient primary care offices with providers who follow a panel of patients. While independent, Jordan Health actively collaborates with the major hospital and healthcare systems in our operating area to provide a total safety net of healthcare services.