Marriott Assistant Chief Engineer in San Antonio, Texas
Job Number 22078758
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, 101 Bowie Street, San Antonio, Texas, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Marriott offers relocation assistance for this job opening which is US: Plan 1. Please visit MGS for details on the relocation policies.
- Dual Property w/ RELOCATION
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Supporting management of Property Operations
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
• Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
• Provides emergency response services 24/7.
• Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs