Qualcomm IC Package Layout Engineer in San Diego, California
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Packaging Engineering
Role and Responsibilities
• Work with cross-functional teams to define and develop design flow, optimizing silicon floor plan, bump and package pinout.
• Setup design rule and implement in-house packaging layout to meet all requirements for products.
• Optimize package design on signal/power integrity, collaborate with the SI/PI team on package model extraction and analysis.
• First level SI/PI analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields and 5+ years of related professional experience. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields with 3+ years of experience.
• Knowledge of high-speed IO interfaces including DDR/PCIE/Ethernet.
• Proven design experience on 2.5D silicon interposer, from design concept, feasibility layout to final DRC / LVS checking.
• Familiar with 2.5D heterogeneous integration package material and process.
• Good knowledge and experience on layout review tools such as CAM350/Valor or Calibre.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
$144,000.00 - $216,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification
- Qualcomm Jobs