Honeywell Sr. Project Controls Analyst in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
This role has the option to work from our Houston (TX), Des Plaines (IL), or Tulsa (OK) locations on a Hybrid working schedule.
The Sr. Project Controls Analyst will be responsible to provide cost analysis, process improvement, and metrics for UPT Equipment execution team. This role will partner with the Integrated program team to develop program plans, create cost baselines and monitoring/tracking system for large complex programs across multiple sites. This role will also recommend improvement actions for process and tool implementation and will interact with global program management Team, Business leaders and customers.
• Provide support in project planning processes, define scopes, establishing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and budgets on allocated projects.
• Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project & management reports & forecasts for costs, revenue, and billing on allocated projects
• Support the implementation of cost monitoring and control standards, techniques, systems, and reports including the following activities:
o Assisting with budget allocation and reporting/cost control for the assigned portions of the project/programs
o Supporting the project Risk & Trend Management programs.
• Ensures that all project control activities such as cost management and control are executed in a timely fashion and in accordance with all company standards and contractual requirements
• Support the development of program plans and establish contract baseline budgets, plan milestones and apply earned value methods.
• Analyze and validate project costs and project performance status.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and reporting cycle, to include experience in EAC, variance.
• Analyzes projects Incurred to Date (ITD) costs and estimate to complete (ETC) costs. Supports quality of projects Estimate at Completion (EAC) cost forecast analysis
• Support Project Managers in managing and maximizing project margins
• Supports the Project Management team in maintaining timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems
• Identify and troubleshoot problems with Business Forecaster and SAP Project System for equipment forecast and project execution.
• Coordinate invoicing milestone payments with the Project Manager, Customer Care, & Logistics groups. Ensure GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) requirements are met when invoicing.
• Invoice Resolution Coordination: Coordinate with project management personnel, engineers of record, procurement, and accounts payable to resolve supplier invoice issues to support timely payment.
• Status Tracking: Coordinate with procurement personnel, expeditors, engineers of record, and Project Managers to verify that PO delivery dates within SAP are maintained and reviewed on monthly basis.
• Manage the receivables and payables balance on allocated projects, checking accuracy of invoices
• Works with Program/Project Managers to incorporate approved change orders in cost baselines
• Actively participates in project review meetings & provides clear, accurate project cost assessment & gives proactive advice to drive successful project completion
• Participates in development of project controls tools & methodology
• Responsible for project control procedures compliance on allocated projects
• Participates in internal and external audits
YOU MUST HAVE
•5+ years Project Controls (cost management) industry experience
•Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance
•Experience with Planview and Tableau is preferred
•Experience in oil & gas, petrochemical, automation, or electronics industry
•MS Office and SAP applications (Project Accounting module)
•Finance & cash flow – concepts, processes, planned, actual, forecast
•Good knowledge of cost estimating, tracking and control
•Good knowledge of contracts and business planning & analysis
•Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal and relationship building communication skills
•Computer literate and experienced in Microsoft Office applications
•Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
•Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
•Ability to multi-task; cope with the demands of simultaneous activities.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs